News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: All Quiet On The B-B Front  (Read 821906 times)

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
Re: All Quiet On The B-B Front
« Reply #3420 on: April 05, 2014, 11:32:54 AM »
Well, another month has gone by.  Our new topics has dropped below 100 for two months running.  There are some newbies who are posting, keeping things going, and a big thanks for that. 

One thing I noticed, is that "All Quiet On Th BB Front" has risen to the top of the page view topics.  That was unexpected, but maybe if some outside people are reading, I'd encourage them to join and post.

BULLY is, in my view, one of those 'Timeless' games, whose legacy will live on a long time.  It stands alone in the gaming world as unique.  That is the allure of Bully, as there is no other game like it.  I think it would be really difficult to match what Bully was, maybe this is why there has been no sequel.   

Offline AkematLynn

• How May I Be Of A Disturbance To You?
  • Nothing to see here people, move along!
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3421 on: April 06, 2014, 08:21:39 PM »
Sitting... waiting... hoping to any and all gods willing to listen that we will get the sequel we are all dying for...

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: April 06, 2014, 09:04:27 PM »
I figure they will re-cycle Bully after 2030 to the next generation of kids.
Sorta like they do movies.

Offline Scum

• I'm Scum.
  • Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: April 07, 2014, 11:35:28 AM »
Being the optimistic guy I am, I'm just waiting for them to announce something Bully-related, because it's been five months since they filled in the trademark.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #3424 on: April 10, 2014, 07:22:34 AM »
The only problem is keeping this board alive and running until that happens, since it could take YEARS before they even begin to talk about the idea of making a sequal.

What we need to do is reach out to more R* fanatics or Bully players.
The 2013-fad where most major Let's Players played Bully did give us more attention (it gave me lots of attention either way and I tried to lead most of them to this board).

Or should we just wait for the next wave of major publicity?

Offline Sphinx

• The one and only Sphinx
  • Long-Titted No Nippled Bitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: April 11, 2014, 11:13:00 AM »
GTA V and Max Payne 3 are done, if Rockstar starts working on a new Red Dead game I'm gonna punch Dan Houser in the dick.

Offline AJ Collins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GZWN
« Reply #3426 on: April 16, 2014, 10:00:19 PM »
GTA V and Max Payne 3 are done, if Rockstar starts working on a new Red Dead game I'm gonna punch Dan Houser in the dick.
Almost guarantee you work has began on the next Red Dead game, though keep in mind that Rockstar has several studios and has the capacity to work on a number of games at the same time. I do wonder if we'll see some kind of mobile port of Bully. With GTASA done and Bully using essentially the same engine (RenderWare) with a few modifications, it makes sense both financially and technically and can help re-energize the brand in preparation for a new Bully game. The only real hurdle would be figuring out whether or not to bring over Scholarship Edition content as that is in a totally different graphics engine. I'm pretty sure that besides Manhunt 1 (which Rockstar doesn't seem to care much about anymore), Bully is the only RenderWare Rockstar game that has yet to receive mobile treatment.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: April 17, 2014, 12:13:49 AM »
Has Rockstar totally tanked on any idea of a Manhunt 3 ? 

I would think so, after all this time.  Shame.

Offline AJ Collins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GZWN
« Reply #3428 on: April 17, 2014, 01:51:36 AM »
Has Rockstar totally tanked on any idea of a Manhunt 3 ? 

I would think so, after all this time.  Shame.
It really is hard to tell with Rockstar and Manhunt. I would have never guessed Manhunt 2 would make it to PC years after initial release, let alone the AO SKU being the only version available of it. The game was using the GTA Stories graphics engine which had never been ran on a PC before so it wasn't like it was as trivial as switching build paths. Yet it seems someone high up at Rockstar liked it enough to approve a PC port. Interestingly enough, even though they went through the trouble of porting it, they never once mentioned it via official channels -- only silently updating the MH2 official site. For the first few years after release it was only available on Direct2Drive. Once GameFly purchased D2D, they quickly removed all AO titles without warning publishers. For about half a year you couldn't even purchase MH2 as it literally wasn't being sold anywhere -- unless you lived in Russia, 1C briefly published the only hard copies sold of the game. There were wild rumors going around Rockstar was working on a Manhunt title that used Kinect/PSMove, not sure if there was really any truth to that.

So yeah, Manhunt is treated very oddly compared to other titles for some reason.

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: April 17, 2014, 01:53:27 AM »
Personally I don't give a rats ass about the future of the Manhunt series at all - More interested in the direction that Bully may possibly shift to and the release of the new RDR. (Which is more or less confirmed....) The story line is bound to be interesting. A prequel to the days of John Marston and his "adventures" with Dutch and the crew? Would be definitely interesting.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: May 11, 2014, 05:46:19 PM »
Some of us players DO like Manhunt, and just like Bully, are sad and angry there was never an MH 3. 

Offline Scum

• I'm Scum.
  • Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: May 15, 2014, 04:10:03 AM »
I can't help but imagine just how controversially realistic it would be if they make one now.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: May 15, 2014, 05:49:18 AM »
Oh, there would be a BIG fit, I'm sure of that. They'd be comin' outta retirement.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: June 02, 2014, 12:07:58 AM »
Welp, it's the First of June.  Happy Summer Everyone.

Still no Bully 2, naturally.  Maybe never will be, unless the Modders finally just get tired of waiting and just make their own version.  I mean, why not ?  Is  it possible for them just to make a game, using what there is available ?

Anyway, I've had an Idea this evening for a story that I want to consider writing, after I finish the NES.  A mix of my two favorite games....I think I'll call it "Bully Manhunt".  Running over possible scenarios in my mind now, I'll have to pick one.  Won't be a very long story, oh no.  I've had my fill of that.  Shorter, yes, much, much shorter.  Maybe by the end of the summer I will start it.

After this past rotten Winter, I think we should be due for a normal Summer.  I mean, we deserve it.  We are OWED it.  Whatever entity runs things on a cosmic scale should give us all a makeup in a way of apology for putting us through the weather wringer.  Those of you who live in the US will know what I mean, the others around the world can guess. 

Future of Bully Board ?  Well, guess that depends on all of us who are left here.  I know this has lasted a long time, as gaming boards go.  8 years is a long time for a board whose game never had a sequel.  Maybe some kind of record.  There's not as much activity as there once was, but that's expected.  And, there many who have gone from here that I miss.  Just being sentimental, I suppose.

So, 3 months from now, I do hope everyone will stick around. A lot has been put into this place, and there is still more to come.  Enjoy your Summer (Winter for those South of the Equator), take a vacation, have a Summer romance, go to Disney World and organize a search party for Dave, climb a mountain, sail a sea, start a life.  But don't forget Bully Board. 

We'll be here, and leave a light on for you.   

Offline AkematLynn

• How May I Be Of A Disturbance To You?
  • Nothing to see here people, move along!
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3434 on: June 03, 2014, 06:27:07 PM »
Even though it wasn't, that statement sounded like a bittersweet permanent goodbye! It had me ready to tear up! Even though I haven't been here very long I plan on sticking around for a very long time, I've been a fan of Bully all these years and I know a sequel would only keep me hooked that much longer! I'd be devastated if this place ever shut down and we never even got our sequel!