News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Gary's standing with the cliques  (Read 6237 times)

Offline Scum

• I'm Scum.
  • Elitist
    • View Profile
Gary's standing with the cliques
« on: November 08, 2011, 05:17:35 AM »
 Today I had a weird conversation with Tad that made me wonder how and when did Gary befriend each clique...

So, yeah, the story:It was the start of Chapter 2(I had completed only Hattrick vs Galloway). I was minding my own business, riding around Old Bullworth Vale, waiting for the next day so I can finally complete Shop 5, when a wild Tad appears, smoking in an alley that leads from the garage to Burger Joint. I walked over to him and started a friendly conversation, but, of course he began to insult me... I had Jimmy apologise, andhis reply stunned me -- "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know that you were friends with Gary and the chaps...". After that I tried to talk with him again, and this time he was friendly and didn't say anything interesting...
 Later that day I saw him again and this time when I greeted him he said "Here's a message from your ex-friend--" and was cut off by a car hitting him...

I remember once in Chapter 1, after completing Defend Bucky, I went to the Library and saw Bryce there. Being the ever-friendly bald-headed little twerp, Jimmy greeted him, and he said "Well, if it isn't Gary's Errand boy!". Sadly, after that i couldn't get him to repeat this...

Has anyone had such conversations before?

Offline Peachrocks

• A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
Re: Gary's standing with the cliques
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 05:51:00 AM »
That's one of Tad's back down lines after going through the sound files. As for Bryce's line I found it but I dont know what it refers to... weird.

Hayley or someone else might know exactly what triggers each...

There's a few lines like this though...

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 06:11:36 AM »
I think Bryce's taunt is each student's Chapter 1 insult. TAUNNK = Taunt New Kid.

Offline Peachrocks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 06:50:56 AM »
Which he can get before he even meets Gary no?

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 09:19:56 AM »
I believe so, yes. Programming oversight.

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 01:30:41 PM »
"Oh, sorry about that, I didn't know that you were friends with Gary and the guys." - Tad_TAUNBD_v1

It's a quote said after Jimmy apologies, no matter what chapter you're in. I um. I really don't know why he'd say it that way, but whatever. The other quote is actually, "I've got a message from all your so-called friends." Just a taunt he'll say to anybody.

As for Bryce, I've never had him say that in game, but as Red Blaster said he's taunting the "new kid" during chapter 1. Pretty accurate, if you ask me.

Peach, there are a few oversights in the game. :p

"Hey, did you hear? That new kid made out with Eunice." - Angie
"That Gary Smith guy is chumming around with some new guy. I dunno what that's about." - Bo
"I hear Gary has a new flunky. Some kid named Jerry or Jimmy or Jesse or something." - Bryce

I could go on, but whatever. These can be heard during "Welcome to Bullworth" as conversations with other students. None of this really happens until the next mission.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 01:42:41 PM by Hayley »

Offline Scum

• I'm Scum.
  • Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 04:56:53 PM »
Oh, my bad... Well, anyway, does that mean that Gary and the Preps have a special... um.. alliance?  :confused: Because I don't think that Derby giving Jimmy the idea to tag City Hall and Gary somehow being there to see it was a coincidence...

Offline Hayley

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 05:58:00 PM »
I don't think so. I just don't see Derby becoming involved with somebody like Gary. I think Derby has a tagging fetish is all.

Now that I think about it, the only prep Gary really had interaction with is Tad, which could explain why Tad mentions him from time to time ("You think I can't cream you? Gary told me you can't fight."). With the awkward relationship Tad and Derby have, I don't think that Derby gives a rat's ass as to what Tad has to say.

Offline Peachrocks

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 06:22:19 PM »
Derby DOES have a tagging fetish doesn't he? How positively... ghetto...

Who says Gary WAS there to see the tag anyway. When Gary says something in chapter 5, its automatically true isn't it...  :rolleyes:

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 07:11:02 PM »
Well, point in fact that Gary had interaction with the Preps since when Tad invites Jimmy to get some eggs to plaster Hattrick's place, when Jimmy arrives at Spencer's place the Preps want to kick his ass due to Gary's interaction with them...(the mission "The Eggs").

You bring up an interesting point.  It does go far to explain why the Preps are always so two-faced with Jimmy, and makes sense since the Prep stock-in-trade is to stab anybody in the back who isn't a Prep.

Offline Peachrocks

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 07:21:28 PM »
Well, point in fact that Gary had interaction with the Preps since when Tad invites Jimmy to get some eggs to plaster Hattrick's place, when Jimmy arrives at Spencer's place the Preps want to kick his ass due to Gary's interaction with them...(the mission "The Eggs").

You bring up an interesting point.  It does go far to explain why the Preps are always so two-faced with Jimmy, and makes sense since the Prep stock-in-trade is to stab anybody in the back who isn't a Prep.

ALL the cliques except the Bullies and Townies are two faced... because Gary has a near unlimited supply of idiot balls.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 07:32:37 PM by Peachrocks »

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 07:37:18 PM »
Added to that is Gary and Derby convincing Jimmy to go tag city hall.  Looking at that, I think they are in cahoots with Gary, probably were all along.

Offline Hayley

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 07:55:50 PM »
Um. As far as I know, Gary didn't say anything to Jimmy about tagging city hall. It was all Derby's idea. I don't see Gary and Derby teaming up to do anything together.

Offline Peachrocks

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 08:06:07 PM »
Also, while Gary convinces everyone this is their moment, what do all the clique leaders do?

Ted: Burn down the library
Earnest: Burn down the gym
Johnny: Having fun in the girls dorm
Derby: Hides in Harrington House... probably laughing at the whole pile up.

Yeah... I don't think Derby and Gary were in cahoots at all. Tad and Gary sure... but not Derby.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 08:55:23 PM »
Actually, listen to Bucky's CONVG2 file.

Gary and Derby were talking.