News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Stronghold Assault  (Read 18162 times)

Offline Jacob

• View Profile
    • My Bloodee Jacob Youtube Channel
Stronghold Assault
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2007, 06:05:16 PM »
Time to take the jocks down a peg or two. Petey tells you you'll need the nerds' help and to acquire that, you'll need to talk to Earnest. But where is he? There's a couple nerds hanging around outside the library. Ask them nicely about Earnest's whereabouts.

Now ask not nicely. Just don't knock him out. Unconscious nerds can't spill the beans. Oh, he's at the observatory. Why didn't you say so?

Grab the ruler that's lying on the ground, hop the wall into the alley beside the library, and beat the gate code out of Thad. Go through the gate and hop the barricade. Take out the Firecracker chucking nerds from afar with your charged up Slingshot. Hop over the next barricade and repeat. Watch out for the nerd hiding behind the rock on the right. He might sneak up behind you. Keep your eye on the radar so you know where everyone is.

Mosey on into the next area and take out the snipers. Just keep hitting the Lock On Button to locate threats quickly. Soon you'll approach the main gate of the observatory.

Okay, Earnest has been watching too much American Gladiators. Work your way up to the gate using the columns as cover from the Spud Cannon. Move when Earnest stops to reload. Make sure you take out the two nerds by the gate. Once you're directly under the Spud Cannon, Earnest can't hit you. Look to the left of the Cannon and you'll see a transformer with a glowing red light. Hit that with your Slingshot.

The observatory gates are now open. Go inside, run up the stairs to your right and man the Spud Cannon. Time to give the nerds a taste of their own medicine. Concentrate your fire on the observatory's front doors. Nerds will take pot shots at you from windows and the balcony but they don't do a lot of damage. If they're bugging you or your health is low, turn the cannon on them. When the doors buckle under the pressure of potato projectiles, abandon the Cannon and go on in.

Amazingly, Earnest still doesn't want to be your friend. Force him to see the light. Hide behind a column while he shoots his spare Spud Cannon at you. He reloads after four shots. When he does, pop out and shoot the generators behind him. They'll take about three shots each.

When the generators are destroyed the catwalk collapses and Earnest moves to another area. He's lost his Spud Cannon but he has double fistfuls of Firecrackers to hurl at you. Dodge the explosives as best you can and shoot out the two new generators quickly. Get Soda out of the crates lying around if you need it.

Two more generators down and one more catwalk destroyed. Earnest is on his last catwalk but he's found his Spud Cannon again. Hide behind the columns and pop out to shoot the generators when he reloads after every three shots. Destroy the final two generators and Earnest will give up the fight and give you his Spud Cannon.

Offline Mr.Salvatore

• View Profile
Stronghold Assault
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2007, 07:49:03 PM »
i beat the game about 7 times, So all missions are easy to me but When i first got this game i beat it in two days. i cant wait for bully wii: scholarship edition. :-D

Offline bullythejocks

• View Profile
Stronghold Assault
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 12:13:22 PM »
:transformer bit easy first i thought the spud cannon was the transformer

Offline catcher22

• View Profile
this really helped me
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2008, 11:47:39 PM »
Quote from: djrussell;19470
Yep i thought this mission was very easy, just max up your slingshot and one shot (sometimes 2) will knock out the nerds easy.. and when you come to the gate, just hide behind a stone, max up your slingshot and target the light, then when he finishes shooting, you got like 2-3 seconds to quickly duck out, shoot it once, then duck back behind the stone. Do this like 3-4 times and you get in

This tip really helped me and i was woundering can you help me with the next mission!!!!

Offline superblackdoom

• View Profile
Stronghold Assault
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2008, 10:22:59 PM »
i beat that mission but it was a little tough

Offline Gord1981

• View Profile
Stronghold Assault
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2008, 07:18:31 AM »
This is my favorite mission in the game probably. It's amazing because it's 1 of the hardest but yet it's easy, goes to show how easy the game is in general. The only tough time I had was when I got inside the building with Earnest and he was radically throwing something at me.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
Stronghold Assault
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2010, 04:44:20 PM »
Yeah, but it was fun beating tis little pervo's ass......

Offline Hejira

• View Profile
Re: Stronghold Assault
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2011, 09:51:57 AM »
This is one of the few missions in the game I had trouble with.  While firing the spud cannon, the nerds do alot of damage to you.  I could never tell when I was getting hit, and rarely noticed that my health meter was in the red. 

Using the slingshot to kill the nerds on the ground should allow you beat them while taking minimal damage.  In my experience, the last two you beat prior to accessing the Spud Cannon will leave at least one soda.  Save it, and jump down from the cannon later if needed. 

Offline Dave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2011, 04:14:43 PM »
I thought it was difficult at first too. Luckily, I got really good at it. ;)

The soda technique works well.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2011, 11:38:37 AM »
Never had a whole lotta problems with this one.....The Pillars are your friends !!

Offline Dave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2011, 03:28:12 PM »
They certainly are!

And the slingshot.

Mike_W

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2011, 04:45:54 PM »
I don't think I have ever failed this mission. It wasn't all that hard.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2012, 05:25:28 AM »
Nah...Just more annoying than anything else.

Offline Sphinx

• The one and only Sphinx
  • Long-Titted No Nippled Bitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2014, 10:35:32 AM »
If you throw a stink bomb at Earnest while he's on the spud cannon. He'll stop shooting and when the stink goes away, he'll run around in circles until he's out of breath, he catches his breath and repeats until you knock him out, or destroy the transformer. Either way he disappears. But it's hilarious watching him run around like an idiot.