News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Topic Deletion  (Read 3742 times)

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
Topic Deletion
« on: August 19, 2014, 04:51:51 PM »
I understand the purpose of removing the option to delete topics unless you are an admin, but I think it'd be a better idea if you were only unable to delete it after it reached a certain number of replies. Like if you make a topic that only gets 1 or 2 replies, and want to delete it you should be able to since it won't mess up post counts much. Or maybe make a new place for topics that normal users can delete/move their topics too. It's like a trash but for all users. You can then delete a topic and it'll move the topic there so post counts aren't lost. And then when it goes there people can still view the topics with the knowledge that some of them may be stupid/trash since they got deleted but they get locked when moved there so they do not get replied/bumped.

Just some ideas...

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
Re: Topic Deletion
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 04:56:29 PM »
I do believe that we have an Archive for old abandoned threads.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 05:16:16 PM »
Ya but it'd be cool if the poster could move it there themselves even though they are not admin.

The reason I brought this topic up is I made a poll and I fucked up the amount of times you were allowed to vote. I made it 1 instead of 3 by mistake. So now I had no choice but to wait for an Admin to get it.

I wanted to make a new poll just with 3 instead of 1 but then that leaves the problem that the old poll is still sitting there and should get deleted. Then I gotta wait for an admin to get it...

I guess the main issue here is my patience then DX Waiting for admins...

Offline Mohamed The Kowalski

• I'm too cool to be a dork, and I'm too dorky to be anything else.
  • Elitist
  • Peter Kowalski, headboy of Bullworth Academy
    • View Profile
    • Arabic Bully Wikia
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 08:45:17 PM »
^Yes, it is a matter of patience. But I still agree on the delete topics idea, like if the topic has less than 10 posts, it can be deleted.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 01:30:24 AM »
If you originated the poll, can't you change the voting options from 1 to 3 yourself ?

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 01:53:24 AM »
Nope, only the names of the stuff.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 02:06:00 AM »
Hummm.....Well, I can change the voting options.  Course, I haven't been a 'regular' member for more than 3 &1/2 years now. 

But really, the delete topic option was disabled because it was being abused.....Same with the ability to change Usernames.  There comes a breaking point when things have to be denied, since there are those who insist on mucking things up.   

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 12:21:43 PM »
There is also the fact that deleting topics affect the forum stats like post counts....and the possability of losing any individual posts in said topic that have some kind of value. There are plenty of reasons why we don't delete topics or even posts. Tho we do delete single posts when the post has no value whatsoever or the person turns out to be a non-contributer to the community...etc.

Offline Mohamed The Kowalski

• I'm too cool to be a dork, and I'm too dorky to be anything else.
  • Elitist
  • Peter Kowalski, headboy of Bullworth Academy
    • View Profile
    • Arabic Bully Wikia
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 04:17:31 PM »
There is also the fact that deleting topics affect the forum stats like post counts....and the possability of losing any individual posts in said topic that have some kind of value.
Thank you for saying this, Madman. My posts are valuable to me, and I don't want to lose them.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 05:56:25 AM »
Even if someone posts something negative towards another user and want it removed, won't those people just embarass themselves?