News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Bully: Scholarship Edition MEGA-MOD - Status Thread  (Read 26051 times)

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
Bully: Scholarship Edition MEGA-MOD - Status Thread
« on: October 21, 2014, 02:27:17 AM »
Ok...

Figured I would get this started since I have focused ALL of my attention to doing the much anticipated MEGA-MOD which will be a first for the community as well as something that will give the game a lot of replay value.

Atm I am focusing on creating a safe enviroment for texture creation/testing in order to speed up the process instead of the grueling task of testing in-game as most modders do.

I have spent the past three days so far FULLY recreating the entire bully world map in 3ds max and have some pics to share of this rather large task due to what I have had to go through in order to get this to a usable stage.

As most of you know the game has a LOT of individual models from the exterior stuff to all of the interiors and their props and this makes for a LOT of work for anyone wanting to attempt modding on this sort of scale. This mini project of recreating the bully world map in 3ds serves me TWO purposes. First is to use as a development platform for texture testing and the secondary purpose is to use with my renders that I will be creating at the same time that go with a zombie apocalypse story series I will be writing based off of a continuing dream I have had of which I have already wrote a small bit about in the weird dreams thread which some of you will likely remember.

For the renders part I will be redoing EVERYTHING in the map in ultra HD as far as the models go and there is a lot of merging and new textures that will have to be made due to merging various objects....as well as injecting every single interior directly INTO all of the building structures on the map with workable doors...etc as well as jumping up their poly counts to a higher level and adding things that happen to be missing.

I have most of the world map reconstructed at this stage but still need to add other things back to this such as doors for the exterior stuff....some of the landscape is still missing and around 140 textures are missing from the final shot I will be linking in this post. While I do have every texture used in the game it is a pain figuring out which textures are for which item since as everyone knows, nothing is named as it should be in the game and one object can have 4 different names...but still referencing the same thing...which leads to a lot of confusion specially with texture and model modding.

I also will release this as a texture development system for those that use 3ds max and wish to use this for their own textures as this method makes for a great way to mod textures without the time hassle of constantly messing with the .img archives in order to test a single texture or several at a time.

At a later date when I have enough of these compiled...I will release also a full set of texture templates for every game texture that also will aid in scratch made textures along with seam guides as well which I will explain another time....since texturing is a VERY exact process and for a texture to look good without any visible seams...you have to know exactly where the seams start and end.

I will update this topic periodically on the status of this project and I will state NOT to expect a x-mas release even though I am shooting for a pre-release of just the textures only for the MEGA-MOD and then add the rest in installments as this will be a rather large mod...and hosting for this will be a problem since I still have to talk to AJ about seeing if he will grant permission to host it here due to its size that is projected to be around 5+ gb when I get finished with it.

Think of this as MY version of the fakefactory mod for hl2...only for BULLY instead.

Please keep in mind that I did NOT merge any of the individual models into one giant mesh. I have kept them seperate since I intend fully on modifying every single one of them and hope to turn all of this into full HD...no idea if the game will support that yet or not but I can only try.

EDIT

Current Mod status for the MEGA-MOD:

• HD Textures -in progress
  • HD Models - in progress
  • Scripting - planning stages
  • New Map Additions - planning stages
  • Beta Boys Dorm rebuild - planning stages
Anyways...here are the screenshots of my recreation of the BULLY world map:

and here is that giant mess with most of the textures applied (stock ones)

« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 05:34:06 PM by |XF|-MadmaN[AR] »

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Major Mick3Mouse Algie Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
Re: Bully: Scholarship Edition MEGA-MOD - Status Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 02:45:57 AM »
Looks real good!  :)

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 03:35:14 AM »
How convenient!
Great work, Mad.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 09:35:53 AM »
A HUGE Project. 

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 01:50:17 PM »
Nice work, Mad!

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 05:27:25 PM »
Here is a quick test render I did in preparation for the zombie renders I will be doing with all of this....as well as a potential test bed for the new hd additions to the game if things go according to plan....

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Major Mick3Mouse Algie Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 05:45:02 PM »
Noice

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 06:04:31 PM »
Now that is badass!

Offline WonderedToast

• The Great and Honorable Toast
  • No more room in this toaster...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 08:08:10 PM »
Mega mod is a big deal indeed.  You guys are doing great.  Great to see so much enthusiasm so far.  Nice work. All of the modders out there.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2014, 08:49:17 PM »
Mega mod is a big deal indeed.  You guys are doing great.  Great to see so much enthusiasm so far.  Nice work. All of the modders out there.

I appreciate the compliments :) but I will state that the render I posted above is NOT the mega-mod in any way shape or form...but my test bed for DEVELOPING the mega-mod and also to use with my renders.

The bully game engine likely will not be able to support anywhere near what you will see in my renders due to the insanely high poly counts of the scenes I work with and the texture sizes as well.

Both vehicles in that render above are well over 700k poly and the characters inside are each twice that in poly counts so...don't confuse the renders with screenshots from mega-mod....I probably will not be at a good enough screenshot stage for mega-mod for a few weeks at least and this will ONLY be for the textures....modifications of the models will happen as i can get them done and only if the game engine even will support them...which even I do not know fully yet.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2014, 09:08:49 PM »
That Render is Absolutely Friggin' Awesome.  :blink:

Offline perfectozzyozborne

• -Bully_Forever-
  • Hello, My name is Yes-Man,
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2014, 09:36:40 AM »
WOW! THIS IS AMAZING!

Offline Davidlam

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 06:18:33 AM »
Here is a quick test render I did in preparation for the zombie renders I will be doing with all of this....as well as a potential test bed for the new hd additions to the game if things go according to plan....

What do you mean by zombie
I heard the zombie mod already got canceled

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
    • My Official Youtube Channel
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 02:10:48 PM »
^ Could be porting the Bully map to another game.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 03:15:19 PM »

What do you mean by zombie
I heard the zombie mod already got canceled

Zombie Edition of Bully was never actually cancelled.

The zombie renders I am doing however are NOT for the game at all and are actually for a small story I am going to write and put here...comic book style but using my renders....to tell a story based on some dreams I had where I was a student at bullworth and the school came under a zombie attack (similar to high school of the dead) and two of my novel characters (meiyo and yu) are present as well as all of the bully characters...and a few people I know on xfire from here too.

I am using this as the test bed for the MEGA-MOD as well as a development platform for those renders too. Basicly this is a dual purpose deal which is why this is posted here in the modding section rather then elsewhere....since everything you see in the renders as far as textures goes...and world map modifications will be brought over to the game itself as best as I can do it.

^ Could be porting the Bully map to another game.

Nope.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 04:01:06 PM by |XF|-MadmaN[AR] »