News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Bully: Scholarship Edition MEGA-MOD - Status Thread  (Read 26042 times)

FaZe

Re: Bully: Scholarship Edition MEGA-MOD - Status Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 03:26:38 PM »
I love the casual Nope by MadmaN, there. Adds touch to it.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 04:03:22 PM »
Heh.....I generally just get straight to the point anyways when I post something.

I did consider porting the bully map to another game but it is just too much of a bother for me to do that and more work then I can handle anyways since I already have a lot of work lined up for the game in general.

I plan to post another render tonight sometime which will show my latest improvements to teh textures as well as one scene from the zombie story I am quickly doing. Taking a break anyways from my main book I am doing since I don't want to get burnt out.

Offline riki2cool

• The most festive member
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2014, 10:34:50 AM »
This looks very nice!

FaZe

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2014, 10:41:30 AM »
Riki, Your Face on your profile picture just makes that seem very...very...very Creepy!

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2014, 04:24:23 PM »
A smiling black guy ?  What's so creepy about that ?

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2014, 05:40:24 PM »

Chuck & The Croonies fo' the clang!
Props to Chuck for sticking through it.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2014, 10:07:04 PM »
Here are some updates.....what you are about to see is everything loaded in 3ds max itself...using 3ds max 2014 for those interested and none of these shots show modded textures...not yet anyways.

I am reconstructing EVERYTHING in 3ds max as one whole world..including interiors and this is proving to be a healthy challenge. I am surprised no-one has attempted this yet. Got this feeling I am the first for this one...rofl.

All of this will be released at some point before xmas for others to use to develop their own textures to import into the game. This as I said above is the main reason why I am doing this, but I am also doing this for the zombie story renders and btw Chuck....I can use this to do renders for the NES for you as well if you want. Once I have freetime that is.

Now...on to the progress screenshots for everyone:

Here is the current stage of the full world map...it is pretty big and sorta a strain for me to work with due to all the tiny 'pieces' as everything was manually imported and positioned as close as I could remember. Been a while since I played the game so feel free to let me know if I have placements wrong on anything. I do NOT have everything put in just yet...but almost.

Next up is a shot of the school interiors from the outside. I have almost everything placed as far as rooms go...the only things missing in this shot is the auditorium since I have to modify that to remove the control booth from the mesh..as it interferes with the school walls....add in the basement fully which ....needs modifications to line up proper and not interfere with the rooms and walls....and finish adding missing classrooms...

I am also adding in the nurses office too as the beta had that but they removed it. easy enough to do since I can just use a generic classroom model as the base and go from there.

The shot above is not in 3ds max btw..but using a custom version of poser which is what I use for posing my custom characters in my scenes...which I then export to use either with renderman studio or lux...whatever I feel in the mood for using at the time.

next up is a shot showing part of the school interior...namely part of the lobby and the school store. I do not have the props added in yet nor do I have doors added in since those are seperate models with animations...kinda a pain to export correctly for use here.

Here is another shot inside the lobby

Next up is the full basement. Still missing a few minor details and missing a part of one room that I somehow forgot...but I will fix that soon.

Next up is the girls dorm:

Here is the exterior shot of the interior itself....

Now for the inside of it...I do not have the props added in yet but a lot of this I am planning to redo in ultra high definition....however I have no idea if the game will be able to handle the type of modeling that I do so....this is a nice challenge for me.

I will post more either tonight or tomorrow. I have been working as fast as I can to shave time off of this project. So please pardon any strange looking errors in any of the screenshots.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 11:49:41 PM by |XF|-MadmaN[AR] »

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Major Mick3Mouse Algie Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2014, 10:17:49 PM »
Looks awsome mad! :D

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2014, 01:55:40 AM »
What are all the white structures on the upper left of the main world map, between the school and Blue Skies ?  Are they to represent mountains ?
The building with the 3 smokestacks should be Gloop Oil, to the left of it should be the round Chem-O-Lot plant.
I take it the separate part at top left is the Asylum, and the separate one at top right is maybe the Go-Cart track...(?)
But what is the separate one at the top middle represent ?

The Basement & Girl's Dorm interiors look absolutely awesome.
One render, (the ground floor hallway, the first interior of the Girls Dorm), would be perfect for an NES render of Tony saving Karen a second before the bomb blast in Chapter 1.  I have ideas for others (1 per chapter) that I will PM you about.  One will be in front of the school, and one behind (both looking towards the school), but both occurred at night (not total darkness), and one is with a snowstorm.   
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:42:20 PM by BloodChuckZ »

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Just a dood doing dood things.
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2014, 02:01:08 AM »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I just died from how beautiful this is.

Offline The 510 Series

• The Scouser once marooned in Newcastle who's back at home
  • Hayastan can into space!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2014, 04:23:28 AM »
Wow, Mad, that's awesome!  :ohmy:

This man is Ainsley Harriott. He's a chef in the UK.  :laugh:

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2014, 04:07:04 PM »
What are all the white structures on the upper left of the main world map, between the school and Blue Skies ?  Are they to represent mountains ?
The building with the 3 smokestacks should be Gloop Oil, to the left of it should be the round Chem-O-Lot plant.
I take it the separate part at top left is the Asylum, and the separate one at top right is maybe the Go-Cart track...(?)
But what is the separate one at the top middle represent ?

The Basement & Girl's Dome interiors look absolutely awesome.
One render, (the ground floor hallway, the first interior of the Girls Dorm), would be perfect for an NES render of Tony saving Karen a second before the bomb blast in Chapter 1.  I have ideas for others (1 per chapter) that I will PM you about.  One will be in front of the school, and one behind (both looking towards the school), but both occurred at night (not total darkness), and one is with a snowstorm.   

The white areas are the hills, rock formations, grassy areas. They are white because I am missing those specific textures and just never added them in yet.

The interiors most certainly DON'T match the exterior buildings they are part of so I have no simple way of combining one without redoing the other. I will try this however and see what happens.

This is a example of what I mean.

I removed the school exterior building and placed the interiors structure where the school building was....keep in mind that this is exactly to scale too and this shows that there is no possible way for these interiors with their layout to fit in that building. Just is not possible.

I was trained in school as a architect and have a degree for this....and I know this area VERY well.

Here is a overhead shot showing both the school building in its normal position and the interiors placed behind it. Notice the differences in the shape and size?

« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 04:09:38 PM by |XF|-MadmaN[AR] »

FaZe

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2014, 04:43:00 PM »
This is freaking epic, mad!

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
    • My Official Youtube Channel
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2014, 08:44:40 PM »
Epic.

No other words needed.

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Major Mick3Mouse Algie Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2014, 08:49:41 PM »
Yeah its epic.

明日香明日香明日 Will probly think this is okay aswell.

Wont you 明?