News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Enough is Enough / IMPORTANT NOTICE  (Read 12608 times)

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
Re: Enough is Enough
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2014, 05:25:24 PM »
Been watching all this play out myself.
I will say this....

It would be nice for people to step back and take a bigger overall view.
We were all babies once, and the only world we knew was our Cribs. That was our Universe.
Later on, the world we knew was expanded to our house, and our yard.  We knew of nothing beyond that.
Still later, there was School World, and the world of the street where we lived. For a very long time, that was our Universe.
Teenage years brought the world of the City where we lived, and then the world of relationships with the opposite sex.  Very hairy.
Upon leaving High School, the world expands so much more.  Our universe is bigger, we have to work with others to effect change & progress.

We all know the Team Stars, know their names and their Stats. 
The Super Teams always seem to have a Star, talented and seemingly unstoppable.
But the Star of the team can accomplish nothing without his (or her) Support System.
There would never have been a Michael Jordan without a Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman.
And they wouldn't have been successful without talented players backing them up on offense and defense.
Those 1998 NBA Champions finished Regular Season with an 88% win record, and won their 6th title that year.

Point is, no one is a real success without a Support System, and that is what teamwork is all about.
That NBA team had their individual differences, but made it their first priority to get along and work together.
And because they chose to do so, became the greatest team in Pro Basketball history.

Just some thoughts.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2014, 08:17:07 PM »
I unlocked this topic so others can leave their thoughts here.

I want everyone to at least consider what has been talked about in this topic so far and leave their thoughts and see if we all can use this to our advantage and move on in a better way from this little hurdle.

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2014, 03:09:39 AM »
Says the one who is a dick to your m8 from the day, and removes me. Becuse i'm not the same lua level as you.

Good job.

Mick, hey buddy. I've been listening to what you've had to say, and I understand DaBoss deleted you. Gosh! That's got to be a pain in the neck. But listen, life isn't about the destination, it's about the journey! And no, you may not be able to climb that ladder to be a good modder, but you can still climb the ladder of life! And make your way back to the top! All you have to do, is Believe!  :D
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 03:20:24 AM by Evolution »

Offline 明日香

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2014, 03:38:14 AM »
The modding community seems to be dying, now

FaZe

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2014, 05:02:57 AM »
And I know exactly why. People have taken to believe that what they're doing is so far superior to what others are doing.

I noticed that when newbies start modding in LUA, Some people say "Nice Job, Keep on moving forwards in modding, we'll help you" - Which is what I want to see. What I don't want to see is the select few people who say "This is Good, but I have a mod, slightly better called 'x' Mod, it allows you to do so and so. Maybe one day you'll get the hang of it and be able to do what I've done today" - Or something along those lines.

While I Respect everybody's opinion, you should just leave a "Well Done" or a "Nice Mod, Keep going". Just to give them a bit of encouragement. Maybe then everybody would respect each other, and we'd have a much larger, and nicer community.

I don't want this community to die, just because a few people have criticized other's mods or opinions and beliefs. Please use that amazing brain to think of nice things to say, not mods all the time. Everyone here has a good statement to make. We're all not perfect, we're all not great, but can we at least try? I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say I want this to be a nice community. I want this to be a place, that when we're under stress in real life, we can come and talk about it, and the move forwards with thinking about mods and others.

Please..

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2014, 10:17:07 PM »

It isn't dying...never will really unless people forget about bully entirely.

As long as I am here...there will always be activity and new things. If you check the mega-mod status thread...you will see a massive mod I am working on along with plenty of eye candy to look at.

And I know exactly why. People have taken to believe that what they're doing is so far superior to what others are doing.

I noticed that when newbies start modding in LUA, Some people say "Nice Job, Keep on moving forwards in modding, we'll help you" - Which is what I want to see. What I don't want to see is the select few people who say "This is Good, but I have a mod, slightly better called 'x' Mod, it allows you to do so and so. Maybe one day you'll get the hang of it and be able to do what I've done today" - Or something along those lines.

While I Respect everybody's opinion, you should just leave a "Well Done" or a "Nice Mod, Keep going". Just to give them a bit of encouragement. Maybe then everybody would respect each other, and we'd have a much larger, and nicer community.

I don't want this community to die, just because a few people have criticized other's mods or opinions and beliefs. Please use that amazing brain to think of nice things to say, not mods all the time. Everyone here has a good statement to make. We're all not perfect, we're all not great, but can we at least try? I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say I want this to be a nice community. I want this to be a place, that when we're under stress in real life, we can come and talk about it, and the move forwards with thinking about mods and others.

Please..

This is the point I have been trying to drive home this whole time. Bout time someone else mentions this other then me all the time...rofl.

Modding is NEVER about competing over who is the best...who has the best mod...which mod is the best ever...who has more skills...etc. Modding should simply be a fun community effort by US the gamers to customize the game how WE want it to look/feel/play like and allow others to enjoy our efforts.

In regards to the whole criticism thing, I also have noticed some people ragging on other's mods/work and really....harsh criticism is never a good thing and will just royally piss off the modder that recieved that from whomever said it. Those however that can't take CONSTRUCTIVE criticism really need to step back, take a deep breath and just relax a little...maybe even walk away from things for a short while and then come back to it with a renewed look at things and renewed energy.

Modding is not a job nor will it ever be. Not unless we all form a actual company where we PAY our modders money to create the mods...etc....then they sell the mods and share with us the profits..and really, that is just messed up. Making money off of mods is something I never want to see happen here because thats just taking advantage of others and showing greed. This is kinda done in other game modding communities where the 1337 of the 1337 think they are so god like that they can charge money for the work they do when really, they are just showing their greed.

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Major Mick3Mouse Algie Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2014, 07:24:17 AM »

But.. but you said to me yesterday, that it was already dead!  How could you lie  to me like that?

liar

FaZe

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2014, 08:23:48 AM »

It isn't dying...never will really unless people forget about bully entirely.

As long as I am here...there will always be activity and new things. If you check the mega-mod status thread...you will see a massive mod I am working on along with plenty of eye candy to look at.

Please..

This is the point I have been trying to drive home this whole time. Bout time someone else mentions this other then me all the time...rofl.

Modding is NEVER about competing over who is the best...who has the best mod...which mod is the best ever...who has more skills...etc. Modding should simply be a fun community effort by US the gamers to customize the game how WE want it to look/feel/play like and allow others to enjoy our efforts.

In regards to the whole criticism thing, I also have noticed some people ragging on other's mods/work and really....harsh criticism is never a good thing and will just royally piss off the modder that recieved that from whomever said it. Those however that can't take CONSTRUCTIVE criticism really need to step back, take a deep breath and just relax a little...maybe even walk away from things for a short while and then come back to it with a renewed look at things and renewed energy.

Modding is not a job nor will it ever be. Not unless we all form a actual company where we PAY our modders money to create the mods...etc....then they sell the mods and share with us the profits..and really, that is just messed up. Making money off of mods is something I never want to see happen here because thats just taking advantage of others and showing greed. This is kinda done in other game modding communities where the 1337 of the 1337 think they are so god like that they can charge money for the work they do when really, they are just showing their greed.

To be honest, as much as I don't mod anymore, I don't want to see it turn into a paid activity. I feel it should be something someone chooses to do, whether they release it to the community or not, Modding should be all about fun, not money, nor hate. I've been here for a good 4-5 years, member for 2. And I've watched it grow, from a small 20-30 Hex Editing Group, to a large over 200+ LUA Modding Community. When I was about 9, Watching People like Saurahb, and Governmentman, on Youtube, doing all these crazy things by modding, I thought that was like, all that could happen. Little did I know, that was only the very start, with editing the IDE and Trigger.

I don't despise anything that's happened over the years, all this time has been time well spent, with people like Mad, Fred, SWEGTA, DaBOSS and so many more, we've been able to discover LUA, we've been able to create some well crazy shit, we've been able to grow our community to thousands of users. (Even if they don't log on)
I don't want to see these people leave because of hate, or because it turned into a business, or anything.

What happened to the old times when it was a large group of people, all helping each other, all giving some amazing feedback, Like when SWEGTA was creating the Zombie Mod, or when Mad, Rise and the crew were working on the PSMM. We all gave amazing feedback, we all said "I can't wait for this, keep up the amazing work, guys!"
That was when people had respect for each other, that's when It wasn't about which group got it done first, which person could un-glitch an animation, etc.

I hope you all read this and took it into consideration. If not, I may have just lost a LOT of respect for all of you.

Offline 明日香

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2014, 11:00:10 AM »

But.. but you said to me yesterday, that it was already dead!  How could you lie  to me like that?

liar

I meant that it is already dying, and you can't deny that it is

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2014, 02:49:23 PM »
I dont think "The community was destroyed before i even knew Bully existed"  means that. 

How could you lie to me like that?   

Answer me 明日香明日香明日香

Offline 明日香

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2014, 02:51:48 PM »
I dont think "The community was destroyed before i even knew Bully existed"  means that. 

How could you lie to me like that?   

Answer me 明日香明日香明日香
Well, it's not like we're friends, so lying to you could be justified

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2014, 02:53:33 PM »
"lying" Admit it 明日香明日香明日香  you want the comunity to be destroyed. 

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2014, 02:57:42 PM »

liar

I meant that it is already dying, and you can't deny that it is

You are quite negative aren't ya?

Bully modding is not 'dying' nor has it 'already been dying'. You have to look at things in a different way: A community is not unlike a family. Families have their ups and downs at times and game modding is no exception. Now...yes there ARE several modding communities that are 'dying' or already 'dead' but thing is, you have to understand that the bully community was always a small one when compared to the other communities out there.

We have gotten larger in the time I have been here, but its been slow. Things like that never happen overnight and if you do think that....then you  might want to have another look at the larger picture...rofl.

Bully has what is called "cult game status" due to it's age and the fact there is a core die-hard following. So in all actuality, our community is not exactly dying.

Now, if we were originally the size of the gta community...then yeah, I would state at that stage it was dying and nearly dead.

I don't want to sound big headed or anything, but I have been around gaming and game modding communities longer then probably everyone on this forum with the exception of possibly Chuck, and I can state that I know the signs when a community starts actually dying.

Most of our audience atm is kids and late teens due to the subject matter of the game, which is centered around the school life and centers around bullying or not bullying in school in order to complete your objectives. Not a huge amount of adults would really be into this style game and there is also the fact that most kids in today's generation have rather short attention spans when it comes to games. Most are already ready for the next greatest most uber game ever to hit the market and once that happens...most usually just drop whatever game they are playing now and play that, never to play the older game again except occasionally when very bored. Most have this throw it away mentality on games if the game is older then a year....it is considered a dinosaur and should be avoided for the next uber game with uber fantastic graphics...rofl.

I am a old school gamer and as such, I tend to play a single game for many many years before I actually get bored with it. Hell, I was still playing AND still modding the original Doom and Doom II up until about a year before the fire took my home about.....4 years ago I think it was now....time kinda flies anymore....as that was the very first game I really truely modded. I also had created quite a lot of modding tools FOR that game and was among the forerunners of the great modders that really started the whole game modding craze back then.

So in retrospect, I know quite a lot more about this and trust me....the community here is NOT dying nor will it be anytime soon. It just has its slow periods and then starts getting more attention....then slows down again. This is the same for many things in life and I will impart a little advice to ya that you may want to take seriously and not just think that I am some long winded bullshitter that acts like he knows everything (no-one does)..... A person that honestly believes that they are going to die tomorrow will find some way to make it happen, even unconciously. A person that honestly believes that they are going to be successful tomorrow will find some way to make it happen.

If you honestly believe that the community here is dying and/or dead, then it will always be that in YOUR eyes and nothing will ever change it. If you honestly believe taht the community here is still alive and just going a little slow, then that is how it will be and eventually things DO get better.

I know that you know next to nothing about me, but everyone here that knows me well will tell you that I NEVER give up on anything. Sure I MIGHT talk about it now and then but in the end, I never do. This community is the same for me since while yes...there were several 'modders' that came before me...before lua...before really anything was known about the game files....back when things were secretly traded on youtube channels, at the same time...when I came here I basicly took charge of everything due to my own past experience with several communities....the gta community being one of them as I was among the first modders for vice city AND san andreas, I for the most part created the modding community that exists today for Bully. Many people here will back this up too.

To me....this community is NOT about the modding...but it is actually about the solid friendships we all have made here. The modding is just an added bonus and if you don't agree with anything I have said...then that is simply your own honest opinion and your right to say or believe in.

All I do anymore is just try to set a positive example for everyone here to follow and maybe even be considered something of a role model to some of the younger group to show just what can be achieved through hard work and determination.  8)

Offline 明日香

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2014, 02:59:18 PM »
"lying" Admit it 明日香明日香明日香  you want the comunity to be destroyed.
I don't want it, since it's one of the only online communities I'm really a part of

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2014, 03:00:40 PM »
mmmokay,  Im sorry i had this fight with you in this topic.    I should done it privatley. 

Sorry everyone.