News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Bully On Intel HD Graphics.....  (Read 6818 times)

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
    • My Official Youtube Channel
Bully On Intel HD Graphics.....
« on: November 26, 2014, 05:05:52 PM »
So nowadays you can find a decent laptop for cheap, most of these laptops come with Intel HD 4000.

I own an ASUS X550CA (i5) and tested Bully out. (Video uploading soon)

Time for a brief report when playing Bully on Intel HD 4000:

My specs:
Intel Core i5-3337U @ 1.8GHz (OC'd to 2.2GHz)
4GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Windows 8.1 (x64)

My settings:
Resolution: 1360 x 768
Anti Aliasing: OFF
Vertical Sync: OFF
Shadows: OFF

As seen in the upcoming video, I did use mods, I did NOT use any mods like FPS increaser, just simple mods that let the Clique leaders roam around Bullworth and disable Prefects at Bullworth Academy and every no clique will fight (even the girls) and the Bully.exe patch.

Anyway: FPS

Without Fraps:

Max FPS: 60
Average FPS: 40 - 60
Lowest FPS: 30

With Fraps:
Max FPS: 40
Average: 30
Lowest: 20

Bully hasn't had the best PC port ever. As much as I love it, I find the PC version to have a ton of jittery frame rates, especially when exiting a building you can see the FPS decrease.

Is it playable?

Yes. Bully is very much playable on Intel HD 4000 once you have applied the 1.2 patch from Rockstar.

Any issues?
If you don't apply the 1.2 patch, you may experience memory leaks and the game will go into endless loading after meeting Dr. Crabblesnitch, HOWEVER, this is NOT an issue with the Intel HD series, it's an issue with Bully's rather bad PC port, which was fixed in the 1.2 patch, once you've applied that, it'll work beautifully.

So if you want to play Bully and have a laptop like mine, Bully will work beautifully on those settings.

If you have Intel HD 3000/2000 the game will still work, however the FPS will most likely be slightly worse than mine.

If you have Intel HD 4400+ there is a high chance the FPS will be higher than mine.

EDIT: Video
Bully Scholarship Edition On Intel HD Graphics 4000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnBGRipvfpY&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 05:40:36 PM by Al Arlington »

Offline Ky

• <3
    • View Profile
Re: Bully On Intel HD Graphics.....
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 05:14:38 PM »
Wow ..

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 05:16:03 PM »
For me I get a pretty consistent 60 FPS with the max settings on. It never goes under 40, and usually stays at 60.
Rockstar doesn't seem the best with PC ports... as we've also seen with GTA IV along with this. Hopefully they redeem themselves with GTA V's PC version.

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 05:19:30 PM »
I always ahve Vertical Sync on. AJ said when using the 30 FPS cap remover and enable VSync, you'll get 2x FPS.

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 05:20:51 PM »
For me I get a pretty consistent 60 FPS with the max settings on. It never goes under 40, and usually stays at 60.
Rockstar doesn't seem the best with PC ports... as we've also seen with GTA IV along with this. Hopefully they redeem themselves with GTA V's PC version.

I guess it also depends on what you have going on in the background, I usually have Skype and Firefox open all the time. Probably closing them may give me 5FPS.

May do.

I always ahve Vertical Sync on. AJ said when using the 30 FPS cap remover and enable VSync, you'll get 2x FPS.

I'll try that.

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 06:31:49 PM »

I guess it also depends on what you have going on in the background, I usually have Skype and Firefox open all the time. Probably closing them may give me 5FPS.

May do.

I'll try that.

But m8, look in the releases section for the 30 FPS cap remover. Then enable Vsync.

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 06:48:50 PM »
I already use the 30 FPS cap remover. That's what I meant by "bully.exe patch"

Offline Ky

• <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 04:29:59 AM »

May do.

I'll try that.
So if you let other programs open,  can lower your FRAPS ..

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 11:30:40 AM »

GTA IV was made for the console. Rockstar had little to no consideration for the PC community. And their physics engine + AI behavior heavily relies on your processor. People with GTX Titans have trouble playing GTA IV.

The installer was broken and had missing fonts for a lot of people, resulting in squares or just odd letters.

May do.

I'll try that.

It's true. Any more than 60 fps and you'll get a sped up game.
Even cutscenes will end earlier than they should.

Offline Ky

• <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 12:03:49 PM »

GTA IV was made for the console. Rockstar had little to no consideration for the PC community. And their physics engine + AI behavior heavily relies on your processor. People with GTX Titans have trouble playing GTA IV.

The installer was broken and had missing fonts for a lot of people, resulting in squares or just odd letters.

May do.

I'll try that.

Spoke all SWEGTA
 ;D

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2014, 01:52:27 PM »

May do.

I'll try that.

Can confirm, Vertical Sync does increase performance.

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Major Mick3Mouse Algie Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2014, 04:03:41 PM »
I have Bully on my School laptop with Intel HD graphics.  I get 60 fps.