News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Release all the styles expect Mascot style  (Read 3954 times)

Offline Enderman

• What i'm doing right now?
  • I'm no longer do mods for Bully ...
    • View Profile
    • bully-board.com
Release all the styles expect Mascot style
« on: April 18, 2015, 06:44:58 AM »
So a few days ago i decided to released all the full styles but since i broke my leg now i can't do anything even go outside and buy 1 bottle of beer to drink :(
If you guys agree i will release all the mods i've made  :P
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 06:46:59 AM by Enderman »

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
  • I'm from the AfterLife...
    • View Profile
Re: Release all the styles expect Mascot style
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 06:50:55 AM »
Go ahead. Just don't release my Mascot style xD.

Offline Enderman

• View Profile
    • bully-board.com
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 07:02:37 AM »
Go ahead. Just don't release my Mascot style xD.
I knew you will said that  :mellow:

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 07:46:42 AM »
You don't have to ask, you're allowed to release anything you made that you want.

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 09:10:52 AM »
I thought this was the basic the idea behind my mod.

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 09:51:33 AM »
I thought this was the basic the idea behind my mod.
What a discouraging sentence  :cheersad:

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 10:26:07 AM »
I'm not discouraging anyone, maybe you misunderstood what I said. I'm not saying anything like "he shouldn't release this mod" or "he is copying all my work", no. In fact if he releases his work then it will be helpful for the the community, so he can go ahead.  8)

What I was saying is that he started working in something that is pretty much done by someone else. For example I remember I was about to work in a music selector mod and then someone else made one before me. http://www.bully-board.com/index.php?topic=18809.msg317282#msg317282
Maybe he can improve an already existing mod with his own ideas and knowledge, pretty much like I did in my selector.

Btw you are also discouraging him since you don't allow him to release "your" mascot fighting style.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 11:37:59 AM »
It's a simple idea, select styles. With all the modders there are, chances are multiple people will want it and come up with the idea themselves even if they never seen it anywhere else.

Even if the idea was copied from you, it's half your fault for giving people the idea before you make it, and also there really isn't much wrong with it because they just liked your idea (which maybe should just flatter you) and want to make their own version to make it their way which could be a good thing. They aren't really trying to hurt you, but just make a nice mod for people to enjoy.

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 09:19:10 PM »
I'm not discouraging anyone, maybe you misunderstood what I said. I'm not saying anything like "he shouldn't release this mod" or "he is copying all my work", no. In fact if he releases his work then it will be helpful for the the community, so he can go ahead.  8)

What I was saying is that he started working in something that is pretty much done by someone else. For example I remember I was about to work in a music selector mod and then someone else made one before me. http://www.bully-board.com/index.php?topic=18809.msg317282#msg317282
Maybe he can improve an already existing mod with his own ideas and knowledge, pretty much like I did in my selector.

Btw you are also discouraging him since you don't allow him to release "your" mascot fighting style.
I have no problem with him releasing my Mascot style. Since it was already released by you, but he said he wanted to release full styles and my Macot style isn't full yet. I'm missing the Dizzy Headbutt.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2015, 04:59:33 AM »
From the very first post though the topic name has had "except Mascot style" in it meaning he didn't even plan on that to begin with

Offline Enderman

• View Profile
    • bully-board.com
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2015, 08:49:15 AM »
From the very first post though the topic name has had "except Mascot style" in it meaning he didn't even plan on that to begin with
When i joined here i thought no one can't release full styles

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2015, 10:12:42 AM »
Right, no-one can't. But assuming you meant no-one can, that is false. Every full style made is just a mod that changes the way Bully, a game none of us made, works. It takes a style already made by Rockstar and makes it a little more playable. Nobody here owns any copyright/material related to the style and you certainly have the freedom to release any content you wish. Anyone who stops you must be a credit-whore who doesn't want you to shine so they can, or is just a dictator that doesn't want the modding community to progress. If you make the mod, you can release it. If you make a mod using other people's codes that they developed, you can release it only if they agree. If you make a mod using code from the game that someone found before you, you can release it as they didn't make shit, but just found something already created by Rockstar (such as a node/native lua function).

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2015, 04:41:36 AM »
Right, no-one can't. But assuming you meant no-one can, that is false. Every full style made is just a mod that changes the way Bully, a game none of us made, works. It takes a style already made by Rockstar and makes it a little more playable. Nobody here owns any copyright/material related to the style and you certainly have the freedom to release any content you wish. Anyone who stops you must be a credit-whore who doesn't want you to shine so they can, or is just a dictator that doesn't want the modding community to progress. If you make the mod, you can release it. If you make a mod using other people's codes that they developed, you can release it only if they agree. If you make a mod using code from the game that someone found before you, you can release it as they didn't make shit, but just found something already created by Rockstar (such as a node/native lua function).
Nicely said.