News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Draw distance improvement  (Read 3502 times)

Offline arvak

• Easy Drugs
    • View Profile
Draw distance improvement
« on: November 19, 2015, 02:03:16 PM »
I'm new here, so I hope it doesn't come across as annoying that I'm already posting a new thread.

Anyways, the one thing that I always hated about Bully was the horrible draw distance/clipping or whatever it's called. You can't see distant objects and buildings pop up out of nowhere. if you climb up the town hall, there are gaps in the map, hafl-rendered buildings and you can't enjoy the view that could be so beautiful. To my knowledge, this is due to the mediocre PC port.

Since I played Bully for the first time, I permanently searched the internet, including these forums, for a fix, but haven't found anything. Hasn't anybody ever thought of making a fix for this, or is it impossible? I have no idea of modding, but it would be awesome if such a fix would exist.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
Re: Draw distance improvement
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 08:58:36 PM »
There aren't many graphical improvements for bully that aren't model/texture edits or ENBs that seem to only change color a little. I really wish there was better shadows too.

I dunno how to make a higher draw distance but still sharing my opinion.

Offline arvak

• Easy Drugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 02:07:35 AM »
That's a shame, really.
I have tried to edit the different timecycs from the game files, increasing the FarClp but it never really helped. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, or it has no impact over the draw distance. I'll keep trying to find a solution, hoping there will be a mod for this sometime.

FaZe

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 03:11:13 PM »
I remember playing around with some of the texture loading files a while back, but I can't remember which ones they were, I managed to play around with zooming, so like, the whole map was like 2metres in front of you, or it was reaaallly stretched out so it was farrrrr away.

Shame I can't remember what I played around with, that might've helped.
All I rmember doing with it was just changing some numbers in a txt file.
Just play around with stuff like that, You'd be the first to come up with a fix and it'd be awesome to see it!

Don't give up.

Offline AlphaTech

• LostInSpace
  • The name's AlphaTECH, whatca need help with?! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 10:54:34 AM »
One of the things you might want to try and script in is this. Put this in your lua script and it should make the game a little closer then before.
Code: [Select]
CameraSetFOV(40)