News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Returning To Modding  (Read 10072 times)

Offline AlphaTech

• LostInSpace
  • The name's AlphaTECH, whatca need help with?! :)
    • View Profile
Returning To Modding
« on: February 03, 2016, 10:08:43 PM »
Well I have some good news now that i'd like to share. I am getting my old PC and going to try and see if I can get my old 200GB hard drive to work.

If I end up doing so I may be adle to return to modding fully becauds I have my original files saved to it. If not then I am going to just create some new mods eventually. It will take about until the end of the month though I am on vacation in Cali until March with my GF.

So hopefully when I get back everything works out good and I can finally fix the HDD. I have my laptop but can't really pay attention to modding.

What the no HDD fix means is I have to make the Zombie Mod and Pete's Missing from scratch again which will be horrible.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 10:12:09 PM by AlphaTech »

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Major Mick3Mouse Algie Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
Re: Returning To Modding
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 01:48:37 AM »
Let me guess..... Strafe mods? 

Offline Bully_Lover13

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 05:46:17 AM »
I lost my LUA folder :(

Offline AlphaTech

• LostInSpace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 09:06:19 AM »
I lost my LUA folder :(

See its the samething with me I lost all my lua files and may have to make all mods from scratch.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 12:51:57 PM »
This is why you should try to back things up to disc when you can.

I myself hate having to start all over...but if it is with something that I know a lot about...then it is not really that big a deal to me. I just consider it a chance to improve my skills and knowledge a little bit and try to do things better.

and @ AlphaTech..

What kind of hdd problem did/are you having that caused the problem for you? I have a lot of years experience with data recovery on bad hdd's and might be able to lend you a hand or at least tell you what to do if you want to recover your data. I know just about every dirty trick in the trade when it comes to that and am also very familiar with forensic recovery too. If you want any tips....fire off an pm and I can try to assist.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 06:19:40 PM »
If you do end up losing your files, don't see it as a drawback but instead, a chance to improve. Now that you have already made a lot of the script and have a lot of the ideas done, you can probably do a significantly better job rewriting it with everything you did in the past script in mind. I personally feel amazingly accomplished when I make a script where everything is beautifully designed and flows together perfectly, and usually to achieve that I end up having to rewrite it once or twice to really perfect it.

If you try hard enough and stay focused I'm sure you can get them back to where they were and get 'em released. I'm looking forward to seeing them, I'm always happy when I see some new creative mod being worked on or released for this game.

If you're afraid of losing some of the notes you may of had, check out some parts of the board's many tutorials and documentation topics.

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 06:59:07 PM »
I am on vacation in Cali until March with my GF.
this nigga...

Offline Bully_Lover13

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 10:00:04 PM »
If you do end up losing your files, don't see it as a drawback but instead, a chance to improve. Now that you have already made a lot of the script and have a lot of the ideas done, you can probably do a significantly better job rewriting it with everything you did in the past script in mind. I personally feel amazingly accomplished when I make a script where everything is beautifully designed and flows together perfectly, and usually to achieve that I end up having to rewrite it once or twice to really perfect it.

If you try hard enough and stay focused I'm sure you can get them back to where they were and get 'em released. I'm looking forward to seeing them, I'm always happy when I see some new creative mod being worked on or released for this game.

If you're afraid of losing some of the notes you may of had, check out some parts of the board's many tutorials and documentation topics.

I lost my template (my own template I am comfortable with), my action nodes, and I can't get your "Auto Compiler" working.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 11:54:22 PM »
I lost my template (my own template I am comfortable with), my action nodes, and I can't get your "Auto Compiler" working.

Template for what?

Check out the lua nodes topic.

The auto compiler is simply a combination of 3 things. MadmaN's IMG toolkit, MadmaN/Fred Tetra's LUA compiler for Bully, and a simple batch file that used the IMG toolkit and compiler. A batch file basically just automates whatever you'd normally do manually in a command prompt.

Offline Bully_Lover13

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 06:09:31 AM »

Template for what?

Check out the lua nodes topic.

The auto compiler is simply a combination of 3 things. MadmaN's IMG toolkit, MadmaN/Fred Tetra's LUA compiler for Bully, and a simple batch file that used the IMG toolkit and compiler. A batch file basically just automates whatever you'd normally do manually in a command prompt.

TEMPLATE FOR MY MODS. My nodes are beyond the stuff posted there. I can't get them back ever again. I uninstalled b bully awhile ago and lost everything.

Offline AlphaTech

• LostInSpace
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 01:06:15 PM »

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 04:03:29 PM »
TEMPLATE FOR MY MODS. My nodes are beyond the stuff posted there. I can't get them back ever again. I uninstalled b bully awhile ago and lost everything.

Oh well that sucks. You got them before though, so why can't you get them again?

Template for what mods? You're not being very specific. Do you mean just a simple template with an empty MissionSetup, MissionCleanup, and main? That's not very hard to setup... don't panic.

Offline Bully_Lover13

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2016, 08:07:51 AM »

Oh well that sucks. You got them before though, so why can't you get them again?

Template for what mods? You're not being very specific. Do you mean just a simple template with an empty MissionSetup, MissionCleanup, and main? That's not very hard to setup... don't panic.
Template for style mods, mission mods that I find easy to work with.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2016, 05:34:32 PM »
Templates like that are really only good for when you're new. I think you'd benefit from making them yourself so you can truly understand all parts of the script and how they work, and so you don't have to rely on templates. It shouldn't be a problem considering style mods aren't usually that complex and mission mods can be extremely different every time so you can't really have a huge template.

Offline Bully_Lover13

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2016, 07:55:56 AM »
I do understand all parts of the script. BUT THAT TEMPLATE IS FOR MY STYLE MODS, it's gonna take forever to make another template and I lost all my nodes as well :/
Guess I'll focus on missions but this community is so inactive, even if I show something, it seems awkward.