News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Bully: Scholarship Edition MEGA Mod  (Read 213231 times)

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
Bully: Scholarship Edition MEGA Mod
« on: December 03, 2011, 05:28:07 PM »
Bully: Scholarship Edition
MEGA Mod

This massive mod is a long time coming and features the following mods:

• all peds drop a volcano 4000 firecracker upon defeat (done)
  • Interiors are fully explorable as they were meant to be (currently in progress)
  • Jimmy now has regenerating health (this is to give you a edge against the enemies as they are tougher) (done)
  • Tougher enemies (done)
  • Custom Vehicle Placement (currently in progress)
  • Mega Stores Mod (currently in progress)
  • Custom Weapon Spawns (done)
  • Custom prop spawns (done)
  • Custom door spawns
  • All Barriers Removed! (explore the full world in the very beginning of the game!) (done)
  • Altered Weather (currently in progress)
  • Custom Vehicle Handling (done)
  • Custom Ped Spawns (done)
  • Custom Fighting Styles for the peds (jimmy will remain unchanged) (done)
  • Faster animation for jimmy (done)
  • Fully working vehicles (for use with the spawner) - (this feature is still pending tho)
  • All Ninja suits will be purchaseable from the mega store (if Steman and I can't do this then I will make the suits available by other means)
  • Custom Item Pickups (done)
  • The ability to stay up past curfew without passing out (This is a feature that seems to be highly wanted) - (currently in progress)
  • Working on the possability of a player skin selector too but this may not be feasible without more checking into

NOTE TO STAFF:
I will be moving this topic to the releases section once this release is ready and a download for everyone added to the downloads section. I will need to discuss with a few of you the legality of what game files can be included in this download since quite a lot of the files and scripting is changed. Basicly most of the stuff is edited in some fashion aside from the massive files like the world file and so forth since all of this is scripting.

I will update this topic as I finish the last bits which I am currently working on atm and get a release prepared.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 05:37:59 PM by |XF|-MadmaN[AR] »

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
Re: Bully: Scholarship Edition MEGA Mod
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 05:47:32 PM »
Well done mad =)

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 05:52:57 PM »
looking great their mad :laugh:, very impressive :happy:

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 05:55:24 PM »
All peds drops volcano 4000. That just gave me an evil idea >: )

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 06:02:09 PM »
hehe..

I have already tested the volcano drops by luring a bunch of peds to one area....quickly knock em all out and quickly arm and set all the firecrackers. Trust me....the resulting fun afterwards is well worth it  8)

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 06:04:59 PM »
Great work. :D

Custom fighting styles for the peds = done? I'm confused here...

Also, did you do the regenerating health through pedstats, or by other means? I know the value in pedstats.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 06:44:56 PM »
Did the regen health through pedstats yes..

on the fighting styles I will clarify that...sry if its confusing. I do not have every fighting style...etc nor am I concentrating on boss styles like everyone else has been. I mean done as in just changing the basic fighting styles around for all of the peds aside from bosses.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 08:02:03 AM »
Nice!!
Looking forward for a download link soon...? ;)

Offline Peachrocks

• A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 08:02:52 AM »
Ah! So this is why you are working on 28 things at once, now it makes sense! Looking good... :D

Oh something you might want to do... but have some drop Volcano 4000s and some drop kick me signs. I dunno, just a thought.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 08:04:34 AM by Peachrocks »

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 09:48:37 AM »
Did the regen health through pedstats yes..

on the fighting styles I will clarify that...sry if its confusing. I do not have every fighting style...etc nor am I concentrating on boss styles like everyone else has been. I mean done as in just changing the basic fighting styles around for all of the peds aside from bosses.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 01:42:19 PM »
Ah! So this is why you are working on 28 things at once, now it makes sense! Looking good... :D

Oh something you might want to do... but have some drop Volcano 4000s and some drop kick me signs. I dunno, just a thought.

I actually plan to have kickme signs spawn on their own in various places to replace some other static props. Since there is regenerating health for jimmy....there is no real need for fraffy machines aka beam cola. So I may or may not modify those in some fashion....tho what I will likely do is change other things that are basic prop spawns like some bricks or maybe some of the other spawns like soccerballs...etc and change those to kickme signs.....there is a list buried in scripts that is randomly gone through by the game which states what you get when you pick lockers.....might be able to change that to be different too.

All in all there is still other ideas I have since like I said in the title....this is a mega mod so it is going to be the first of its kind and the largest of its kind....at least for now until someone tops it which will be sweet.

Offline Santa Cole

• "Housingly Challenged" Santa
  • Ho Ho Ho Punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 01:59:56 PM »
Excellent Work, Sounds great!.

Offline SyedJengsebong

• Bully Modder but sometime...
  • Bully Modder but sometime... Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 08:17:48 AM »
This gonna be great!

Offline |CallMeBob|

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 07:45:12 PM »
Cant wait for this.
BTW have you figured out the script hook

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 08:30:22 PM »
I wont bother writing a scripthook since I have found alternate ways to do much of the same things. Just a FYI for you and everyone else....and please do not ask for a eta on this since I really cant set one due to how complex this really is but EVERYTHING that ppl more or less want to achieve can be done from the games debug menu which I have managed somehow to get working however briefly. Not exactly sure which edit I did got this working, but it has a literal ton of options that can be used such as changing fighting styles, change player model, spawn weapons, spawn clothing outfits, spawn vehicles, drive any vehicle, unlock area doors, spawn anywhere in teh world, and so on down the rather long list that I wont bother typing here.

If I cannot get the game to properly trigger this menu I will simply just write my own since the entire debugging menu is controlled from the lua scripts and I know which scripts control what.

There are also various cheats too that can be used in debug mode via the menu so I am working atm to get this working and if I can manage it, this will be the most groundbreaking mod for this game that anyone has released and will help define later how mods are made. At least for now anyways xD